Pages

Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Trusting

From this morning's reading....
"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding~Proverbs 3:5
One of my favorites, yet possibly the most difficult for me as well. Like everyone else, I want to make sense of the world and my part in it. When something happens, I want to be able to understand the whys. To reason it out into a logical explanation and be able to say, "Aha. Got it." Unfortunately it doesn't always work out that way. It can be extremely difficult to accept that there is a reason for an event to occur and something good to come from it. Especially if it was painful. Fortunately, it is possible.

Life is all about attitude! "Bad" things happen, but we are in control of how we react. We can focus on sadness - or we can be thankful for what we had. We can wallow in self pity - or use the experiences to become stronger. We can become bitter - or we can see the need to be a kinder person.
There is always a choice.

The farther that I get on my spiritual journey, the easier it becomes to "trust in the Lord with all your heart". To stop being so hung up on needing to understand every little thing. Reality is: I have no idea what's going on half the time! LOL Humans are a complex breed. I don't presume to "get" why others behave as they do. The important thing for any of us, is to worry about our own behavior. We are the only ones that we have control over anyway.....

*sipping my hazelnut tinged coffee*

There are 101 things that I need to get accomplished today. Sitting on my tush, nibbling honeybuns and getting my caffeine fix aren't any of them. But sometimes - we deserve it. Pamper ourselves in some small way. A few blessed moments of down time, before the rest of the world starts making demands on us.

I hope that all of you make the time for a few moments to yourselves today. To breathe in deeply and just be thankful for all the people & things in your life. We really are fortunate, moreso than many. And yet often, we are far less grateful.....


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment